Monday, January 6, 2014

Casting Call: Short Film

Hello there. I am looking for a few actors for a short film I'm putting together.

My name is Levi Holwell and I'm a extremely passionate independent filmmaker. I am 18 years old and have written and directed multiple short films up to this point along with experience for small scale video production work which includes producing videos for ATCO Gas and Ernst and Young.

I am putting together a 20 minute short film titled "Run Through Me". There are 2 principal roles I'm looking to fill and hold auditions for. 

The project does not have a budget aside from what is coming out of my back pocket so there is not a lot of money available. Basically I'm looking for volunteer actors who are looking for a demo reel piece. I can make the script available to anyone who is interested because I understand it's the best indication of whether the project will be of any quality or not. Included below is the link to the last project I completed which is a short action comedy film I made whilst in high school. All of the actors are my friends who were kind enough to give it their best shot! 


"Run Through Me" is a very different project from my previous work as I like to believe I am maturing and improving as a writer and director. The goal is to make a sincere and honest romantic comedy that captures the experience of high school relationships. 

Principal Roles:

Kelsey - Female, age 18-23, intelligent, opinionated

Mark - Male, age 18-23, shy, intelligent

I would appreciate any help you can give me in helping me fill these roles with talented people! Thanks!

Levi Holwell
(403) 978-8590